Code of Committment
This is a voluntary Code, which sets minimum standards of banking practices for banks to follow when they are dealing with individual customers. It provides protection to the Bank’s constituents and explains how banks are expected to deal with them for their day-to-day operations. In the Code, 'you' denotes the customer and 'we', the bank the customer deals with.
Objectives of the CodeThe Code has been developed to:
- Promote good and fair banking practices by setting minimum standards in dealing with you
- Increase transparency so that you can have a better understanding of what you can reasonably expect of the services
- Encourage market forces, through competition, to achieve higher operating standards
- Promote a fair and cordial relationship between you and your bank
- Foster confidence in the banking system.