Terms & Conditions
Important: Please read the terms & conditions carefully. This is a legally binding agreement between you (hereinafter referred to us “you/customer/user) and Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “the bank/Dhanlaxmi Bank’) establishing the terms and conditions under which this web site may be used. By accessing this web site, or any pages thereof, and/or using the information provided on or via this web site, you agree to be bound by this terms & conditions. In the event of any conflict between the terms and conditions of specific products and services and this terms & conditions., the conditions specific to such products and services shall prevail. If you do not agree to this terms & conditions. do not access this web site, or any pages thereof. Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. may terminate your access to this web site and use of its internet banking service at any time, with or without cause or notice.
Privacy & Security
In this document the following words and phrases shall have the meanings as set below unless the context indicates otherwise:
'Account(s)' or 'Accounts' or 'Account' refers to the user's bank account(s), credit card account(s), loan / facility account(s), depository account(s) and/or any other type of account(s), so maintained with the Bank or its Affiliate which are eligible Account(s) for purposes of Internet Banking.
'User' or 'user' refers to a customer of the Bank and/or of the Affiliates authorised to use Internet Banking.
'Internet Banking' refers to the internet banking service offered by the Bank to the user including services such as enquiry about balance in the Account, details about transactions in the Account(s), statement of Account, transfer of funds, bill payment and any other service as the Bank may decide to provide from time to time through internet.
'Personal Information' refers to the information provided by the user to the Bank.
'Terms' refer to terms and conditions herein for use of Internet Banking.
'Payee Registration Confirmation' refers to confirmation of Payee Registration to whom User will transfer Fund(s).
“Payer” refers to the person who holds the Debit Account(s).
“Payee” refers to the person to whom the Payer will transfer Fund(s).
“Debit Account(s)” refers to any account(s) of the Payer maintained with any bank for which a valid ECS debit mandate has been procured in accordance with the ECS guidelines prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India.
“Credit Account(s)” refers to any Account(s) of the Payee / User maintained with the Bank for which a valid ECS debit mandate has been given by the Payer in accordance with the ECS guidelines prescribed by the Reserve Bank of India.
“Last date for edit” refers to the date before which the User can choose to cancel/modify the Payment Instruction.
“Payment Date” refers to the date indicated for a credit into the Account by the User in the Payment Instruction.
“Payment Instruction” refers to instructions given by the User for a credit transaction to the Account.
'Website' refers to the website owned, established and maintained by the Bank located at the URL www.dhanbank.com
- Applicability of Terms
These Terms form the contract between the user and the Bank for availing Internet Banking. The user shall apply to the Bank in the prescribed form for use of Internet Banking. The Bank shall be entitled at its sole discretion to accept or reject such applications as may be submitted by the customers/ users. By applying for or availing of Internet Banking, the user acknowledges and accepts these Terms. Notwithstanding anything contained herein, all terms and conditions stipulated by the Bank and/or its Affiliates pertaining to the Account(s) and/or to any services/facilities offered by the Bank and/or its Affiliates, shall continue to be applicable to the users, provided, however, in the event of a conflict in such other terms and conditions stipulated by the Bank and/or its Affiliates and the Terms herein, the Terms herein shall have an overriding effect. These Terms will be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms and conditions relating to any Account(s) of the user and/or to those relating to services/facilities offered by the Bank and/or its Affiliates and availed by the user. The user agrees that in the event the user avails of any services/ facilities offered by the Bank through the Website, the user shall be bound by all the terms and conditions stipulated by the Bank pertaining to such services/facilities, offered by the Bank and availed by the user through the Website.
- Internet Banking
For the purpose of availing Internet Banking, the user would need to have legal and valid access to the internet. The information provided to the user through the Internet Banking is not updated continuously but at regular intervals. Consequently, any information supplied to the user through Internet Banking will pertain to the date and time when it was last updated and not as the date and time when it is supplied to the user. The Bank shall not be liable for any loss that the user may suffer by relying on or acting on such information. The Bank may keep its records of the transactions in any form it wishes. In the event of any dispute, the Bank's records shall be binding on the user as the conclusive evidence of the transactions carried out through Internet Banking
- Any request for any service/facility, which is offered as a part of Internet Banking, shall be binding on the user as and when the Bank receives such a request. If any request for a service is such that it cannot be given effect to unless it is followed up by requisite documentation prescribed by the Bank, the Bank shall not be required to act on the request until it receives such documentation from the user.
- The user shall ensure that Internet Banking or any related service is not used for any purpose which is illegal, improper or which is not authorised under these Terms. The customer/user agrees to abide by all applicable laws/rules and regulations regarding internet banking, from time to time.
- Unauthorised Access
The user shall take all necessary precautions to prevent unauthorized and illegal use of Internet Banking and unauthorized access to the Accounts provided by Internet Banking.
- Internet Banking Password
The user acknowledges, represents and warrants that the password which would be issued to the user, provides access to the Account and that user is the sole and exclusive owner and is the only authorised user of the password and accepts sole responsibility for use, confidentiality and protection of the password, as well as for all orders and information changes (i.e., change of address) entered into Accounts using such password. The user grants express authority to the Bank for carrying out transactions and instructions authenticated by such password.
- Joint Accounts
In case of Joint Accounts, transactions through Internet Banking shall be available if the mode of operation is indicated as JOF (Joint Or First) OR JOO (Joint Or Others) The user desirous of using the Internet Banking should either be the account holder and sole signatory or authorised to act independently in case of a joint account. For such joint accounts, one user-id and password for Internet Banking will be issued to each of the joint account holders when requested. The other joint account holders shall expressly agree with the arrangement and give their consent on the application form for use of Internet Banking. In case of joint accounts operated by more than one user, the Bank shall act on the instruction received by the authorised user. All correspondence will be addressed to the authorised user only. All transactions arising from the use of Internet Banking in the joint account shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally.
- Customer compliance
The requirements as prescribed by the bank for the purpose of due authentication shall be complied and confirmed by the customer, which shall be as under. The customer agrees to confirm to the prescribed authentication procedure and security measures required for transactions and shall undertake all reasonable care and measures to ensure that the user/transaction password is not revealed to any third party.
- The Customer shall be allotted NetBanking ID, Login and Transaction Password by the bank in the first instance. The user will be required to change the Login/transaction password assigned by the bank on accessing the Internet Banking services for the first time after his/her/its agreeing to the terms and conditions for Internet Banking. As a safety measure the user shall change the Login & Transaction Password as frequently as possible thereafter or as and when the system requires for the same (which shall be 180 days from the last change) whichever is earlier. In addition, the bank may at its sole discretion advise the user to adopt such other means of authentication as it may deem fit.
- The customer must have different Login Password and Transaction Password for security reasons.
- The customer shall be bound by the instructions he/she/it has initiated in the internet banking making it clear that the bank does not have any liability when his/her/its instructions using the login/transaction password is carried out. i.e, the bank is in order in carrying out the instructions of the customer on internet, relying on the login/transaction password and any transaction thus carried out by the Bank shall be deemed to have been duly authorized by the customer.
- The customer understands and agrees that the transaction password is for the purpose of authenticating the transaction and shall have same effect as the specimen signature of authorised signatory of the customer and the customer shall be bound by the transactions initiated by the use of transaction password.
- The customer is entirely responsible for the safekeeping / secrecy and use of NetBanking ID (Retail) and Login / Transaction password and any damage and other consequences of their misuse wherever applicable.
- The customer shall ensure that the authorized users of the customer also maintain secrecy of password individually.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank will never request for personal information of your account like PIN / password. Therefore any one pretending to be asking you for information from the bank / technical team may be fraudulent entities and hence do not share such information. Bank will not be liable for any loss due to such attacks called 'Phishing'.
- The customer should exercise due care in respect of confidentiality of the Login / Transaction password and NetBanking ID. If third party gains access to the service in the customer accounts, the customer will be responsible and indemnifies the bank against any liability, costs or damages arising out of claims or suits by such third parties based upon or relating to such access and use.
- The customer should refrain from accessing the resources of the Bank for Internet Banking from public locations like browsing centers which are susceptible for hacking of passwords and other misuse. In any such case, the customer will be responsible and shall indemnify the bank against any liability, costs and damages arising out of such hacking or misuse.
- The customer shall not attempt to access the information and other details stored with the bank through any means other than the Internet Banking services provided. The customer should also ensure that unauthorised persons should not access his/her/ their/its account(s).
- The customer should not use the facilities provided as a part of the Internet Banking services to attempt to access/ access the information with the bank that pertains to the accounts of a third party with the bank or transactions between the bank and any other party.
- The customer accepts full responsibility for the monitoring and safeguarding of customer’s accounts.
- The customer is aware and acknowledges that in an offline mode, the transaction / request would be processed at the back end host at the branches. The customer, thus, agrees that the transactions would not be carried out immediately on the same date and notes to view his/her/its account to ascertain whether the transaction/requests are effected or not subsequently. Thereby the customer accepts that the Bank shall not be liable in case the customer proceeds on the assumption that the transaction / request are carried out immediately as and when the same are submitted on the net.
- OTP (One Time Password)
One Time Passwords are sent to the customer mobile number or email address registered with the bank as part of second factor authentication during online generation passwords, payee addition and financial transactions. Validity of OTP is very short duration as per Bank Policy. The customer shall have no right to challenge the validity of the password and the Bank’s decision as to its validity shall be final.
- Online Generation of passwords
- To generate your password online, you need to have ATM / Debit Card linked to your account, ATM PIN, mobile number and email ID registered.
- If your mobile number and email ID is not registered, please visit the nearest Dhanlaxmi Bank branch for registration.
- If you have received new ATM / debit card, please use first at any ATM and then use for Online Generation of Password.
- If you have received new ATM / debit card PIN, please use first at any ATM and then use for Online Generation of Password.
- ATM / Debit Card Number and ATM PIN not to be share with any other person. Please keep it confidential. The bank shall have no liability or responsibility in case of your disclosure /sharing of ATM / Debit Card Number and ATM PIN and /any consequences thereof.
- Customer's Role
The customer shall :
- Keep the NetBanking ID (Retail) Login Password, Transaction Password and OTP (One Time Password) confidential and not to reveal the same to any third party. The bank shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever, in case of your disclosure /sharing of the details and /any consequences thereof .
- Choose a Login Password which shall be at least eight characters comprising alphabets (UPPER and lower case) and numerical and special character as mentioned below and does not relate to any readily accessible personal data such as name, address, telephone number, etc., of the customer and not record them in written or electronic form. Password should be a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 15 characters.
- The password should contain:
- Minimum 1 Numeric e.g. 0-9
- Minimum 1 Lowercase Alphabet e.g. a-z
- Minimun 1 Uppercase Alphabet eg A-Z
- Minimum 1 Special Character e.g. @ , # ; * . ! :
- Don't allow any unauthorised person to have access to yours computers and not to leave the computer unattended while accessing any products and/or services on the website.
- If the customer forgets / loses the NetBanking ID or Login / Transaction Password, the customer can request for change of the Login / Transaction Password by approaching the Bank with a duly authorised written request.
Notice can be sent,
- Electronically to the mail box of either party ;or
- In writing and signed by the party by delivering them by hand/post/courier/fax/Email to the last address given by the customer and in the case of the bank to the Relationship Manager to whom the customers’ account is linked or to the Branch(s) where he/she is maintaining account.
Further, the bank may also publish notices of general nature on its website, which are applicable to all customers. Such notices shall have the same effect as a notice serviced individually to each customer.
The bank reserves the right to charge and recover from the user, service charges at the applicable rates of the Bank from time to time for providing the Internet Banking. The user hereby authorizes the bank to recover the service charges by debiting one of the accounts of the user or by sending a bill to the user who will be liable to make the payment within 15 days period from the date of such bill. Failure to do so shall result in recovery of the service charge by the bank in a manner as the bank deem fit treating it as the dues to the Bank along with such interest, if any, and also withdrawal of the Internet Banking facility without liability to the bank.
- Copyright and Trademarks
All information, content, materials, products (including, but not limited to text, content, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) are protected by copyright in favour of the bank under applicable copyright laws and are also protected otherwise under general intellectual property law. All information submitted to the bank through this website shall be deemed to be the property of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. and the bank shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques provided by a visitor at this website, in any manner whatsoever. The bank is not bound by the obligation of confidentiality regarding submitted information unless the visitor has direct customer relationship with the Bank or unless specifically agreed or required by the law.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. is a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956, and having its head office at Dhanlaxmi Bank Buildings, Naickanal, Thrissur - 680 001, Kerala, India.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd, retains all rights (including copyrights, trademarks, patents as well as any other intellectual property right) in relation to all information provided on or via this web site (including all texts, graphics and logos). You may not copy, download, publish, distribute or reproduce any of the information contained on this web site in any form without the prior written consent of the bank.
- Secrecy Code
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. shall maintain secrecy regarding information relating to the customer that is of confidential in nature.. The bank has taken all necessary measures to protect the confidentiality of the information and their transmission under the service and it shall not be held liable for disclosure of the confidential information, unless proven otherwise. The bank shall not disclose the information provided by the customer to any person, and it shall not be held liable for disclosure of the confidential information to:
- Comply with legal requirements/orders of the court/regulatory authorities.
- Protect the interest of the Bank or its employees
- Provide the same to Government bodies such as Income Tax Department, Central Excise, Sales Tax etc.
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Enforce the terms and conditions
- Other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary
- The bank may also use information including the personal information of the customer and share the information with its subsidiaries/third parties for providing Internet Banking services/any service related activities.
- The customer authorises the bank to exchange, share, part with all information related to the details of transaction history of the customer to banks/FIs/credit bureaus/agencies/others participating in electronic clearing network as may be required by law or customary practices and shall not hold the bank liable for use or disclosure of this information.
- The customer shall not disclose any information of confidential nature pertaining to Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. obtained in the course of availing the services through the website, to any other person. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be deemed a summary breach of these terms and conditions and shall entitle the bank to terminate the Internet Banking services without prejudice to its right for any damages to which it may be entitled.
- To the knowledge of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd., no suit or proceeding at law is pending against the customer before any court, tribunal, governmental body, agency or official or any arbitrator that is likely to affect the legality, validity or enforceability against the customer of the terms and conditions. Customer confirms the same and failure to comply with this shall be deemed a summary breach of these terms and conditions and shall entitle the bank to terminate the Internet Banking services without prejudice to any damages to which it may be entitled.
- Responsibility of the Customer
On each date on which the transaction is entered into it shall be the responsibility of the customer to comply with all the internal approvals for entering into transactions as may be required. Information furnished in writing by or on behalf of the customer to Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. is as on the date of information true, accurate and complete in every material respect and holds good. The execution, delivery and performance of transaction by customer should not violate/ conflict with any law or any regulatory requirements or any order/judgment of any court or other agency of the government or any contractual restriction as applicable to him/her/them/it.
- Exclusivity Clause
The customer hereby agrees to use the website strictly for his/her/their/its internal use and not for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with the terms and conditions or detrimental to the interest of the public and the Nation. The customer agrees not to use, transfer, distribute or dispose of any information contained in the website in any manner that could compete with the business of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. or otherwise is against the interests of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.. The customer agrees to protect the rights of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. and other parties during and after the term of the Internet/ Banking services and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. and other parties of context, equipment or otherwise to protect their and other parties contractual, statutory and common law rights in the website. The customer agrees to notify Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access or use of the website by any party or any claim that website infringes upon any copyright, trademark or contractual, statutory or common law rights.
The customer is allowed to download and retrieve data from the website on his/her/their/its computer screen, print individual pages on paper, photocopy and store such paper in an electronic form on desk for his/her/their/its exclusive personal use only. The customer further acknowledges that all the intellectual property in the website and the service provided continues to vest with Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd..
- User / Login Clause
The Customer shall ensure that the valid user Login & Transaction password is entered. Where a customer enters invalid user (log-in) password consecutively for three times, his/her/its account would get locked as a security measure. Where a customer enters invalid transaction password consecutively for three times his/her account would get locked for transaction processing. The account can be unlocked by the Customer by using Online Generation of Passwords or by the Bank which would enable the same account on the basis of a request (as prescribed by the Bank) to that effect received from the customer. If the Customer forgets the Login & Transaction password or gets locked after a number of incorrect attempts, upto such number as may be intimated by the Bank from time to time, then the Customer can generate passwords (login and transaction) online or the Customer may request for the issue of a new password through the Bank’s 24-Hour Customer Care Centre, or the Bank Branch and this shall not be construed as the commencement of a new contract. Such Password may be generated / issued within such time as may be intimated by the Bank from time to time. The Customer agrees and acknowledges that the Bank shall in no way be held responsible or liable if the user incurs any loss as a result of information being disclosed by the Bank regarding his Account(s) or carrying the instruction of the Customer pursuant to the access of the Internet Banking and the Customer shall fully indemnify and hold harmless the Bank and its affiliates in respect of the same. The Customer shall maintain the secrecy of all information of confidential nature and shall ensure that the same is not disclosed to any person voluntarily, accidentally or by mistake. The Customer agrees and acknowledges that any loss, damage, liability caused or suffered by the Customer due to disclosure of all information of confidential nature shall be borne by the Customer without transferring any liability or responsibility towards the Bank. The user shall comply with such guidelines, instructions or terms as the Bank may prescribe from time to time with respect to the password
- Rights Reserved
The customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that any rights not expressed herein are reserved. The customer also agrees that the terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time and all the customers would be automatically bound by such changes, irrespective of the time taken in displaying on the net. In the event of failure to intimate the same, The Bank will not be responsible for any action by the user whose authority has been revoked by the Customer.
- Closure of Account
The customer agrees that he/she/they/it shall be able to exercise the right to close the account(s) with Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd., only if there is no obligation pending to be met by the customer towards Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd..
- Survival of Obligation
The obligation of customers under these terms and conditions shall continue to be in full force and effect, notwithstanding the termination of the Internet Banking Services. The termination of the services shall be without prejudice to any accrued right of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Non - Transferability
The facilities granted under Internet/Mobile Banking services to customer/user are not transferable under any circumstances.
- Termination/Suspension of Internet Banking Services
- By Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. reserves the right to interrupt, suspend or terminate, without any specific reason, the access of the customer to the Internet Banking services offered hereunder and make best efforts to give customer appropriate notice of the same without assigning any reason and without being liable for any loss/damage/cost of any nature whatsoever to the customer. The Internet Banking services for the customer/user may be terminated by Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. on occurrence of any of the following events:
- Failure to make any payment required to be made, when due, by the customer/user and the same is not remedied by 15th day after notice of such failure is issued to the customer.
- Failure to comply with any obligations by the customer/user under these terms and conditions and if such failure is not remedied by 15th day after notice of such failure is issued to the customer.
- A declaration/statement made/to have been made by the customer found to be false or misleading in any material respect when made or deemed to have been made.
- Any other event forming termination.
- By the customer
The customer may terminate the Internet Banking service by giving 15 days written notice to the Bank and the same is consented in writing by Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. The termination of the Internet Banking service shall be without prejudice to the execution of all outstanding transactions entered into between the parties. Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. shall be entitled to receive all fees and other monies becoming due up to the date of such termination and Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. is entitled to deduct such fees/monies from any amount, it may have to remit to the customer on termination of services.
- By Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
- Use of Information and Materials
The material and information contained in this web site is provided for general information only and should not be used as a basis for making business decisions. Any advice or information received via this web site should not be relied upon without consulting primary or more accurate or more up-to-date sources of information or specific professional advice. You are recommended to obtain such professional advice wherever appropriate. Unauthorized use of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.'s web site and systems including but not limited to unauthorized entry into Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.'s systems, misuse of passwords, or misuse of any information posted on a site is strictly prohibited.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. its agents, subcontractors or affiliates accepts no liability and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly (including special, incidental or consequential, punitive, or exemplary loss, damage or expenses) from your use of this web site or any linked site or inability to use by any party, howsoever arising, and including any loss, damage or expense arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, omission, interruption, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with this web site, its contents or associated services, or due to any unavailability of the web site or any part thereof or any contents or associated services even if Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd., or representatives thereof, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
The limitation of liability contained above is also for the benefit of directors and employees of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
Please note that any software downloaded from this web site is at your own risk and Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. neither assumes nor accepts liability for any loss or damage, (whether direct or indirect), howsoever caused, as a result of any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, software bombs or similar items or processes arising from your use of this web site.
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. does not guarantee that any e-mails from the web site will be sent to you or received by Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. nor does Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. warrant the privacy and/or security of e-mails during internet transmission.
- Use of Products and Services
The information and material on this web site should not be regarded as an offer, solicitation, invitation, advice or recommendation to buy or sell investments securities or any other instrument or banking product of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.. Use of the products or services described at this web site may not be permitted in some countries and if in doubt, you should check with your local regulator or authority before requesting further information. This web site does not constitute an offer on the part of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. to provide products or services described therein to persons or entities resident in countries where local law or regulation does not permit their use.
Products and Services are available only at the discretion of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd., subject to the individual contractual terms and conditions of products and services on which they are offered and such products and services may be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice. The full range of products or services may not be available in all locations.
- Third Party Web site Access
The information and materials contained in this site, including text, graphics, links or other items are provided 'as is', 'as available'. Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this information and materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in this information and materials. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or statutory including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given in conjunction with the information and materials.
You hereby agree to indemnify and to keep Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. fully and effectively indemnified against any action, liability, cost, claim, loss, damage, proceeding or expense (including legal fees, costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) suffered or incurred by Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to:- (a) your access to and/or use of Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. 's web site and/or any other person or entity's use of this service or web site where such person or entity was able to access the service or web site using your user id and/or password; or (b) any breach or non-observance of any of these terms and conditions by you or by any other person or entity where such person or entity was able to access and/or use the internet banking service or web site by using your NetBanking ID and Login password.
- Distribution of Material
The distribution of this web site's material may be restricted by law in certain jurisdictions. It is your responsibility to find out what those restrictions are and observe them.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
The website and the terms & conditions herein shall be governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable laws of India. Any dispute, controversy or claims in respect of Internet Banking services or on account of breach of these terms and conditions shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. Arbitration shall be through a sole arbitrator appointed by Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.. The place of arbitration shall be at Thrissur and any award shall be made /deemed to be made for all purposes in Thrissur The website and the terms & conditions herein shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Thrissur
Certain sections or pages on this site may contain separate terms and conditions, which are in addition to these terms and conditions. In the event of a conflict, the additional terms and conditions will govern for those sections or pages.
- Right to change
Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. reserves the right to change the information provided on or via this web site, including the terms & conditions, at any time and without notice and the customer agrees to it without any dispute. It is recommended that you review the information provided on or via this web site, including the terms of this disclaimer, periodically for changes.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
The user/customer expressly agrees that use of the Website is at his/her its sole risk. The Website is provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis..
Except as warranted in the Terms, Dhanlaxmi Bank expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied or statutory, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, data accuracy and completeness, and any warranties relating to non-infringement in Internet Banking.
Dhanlaxmi Bank does not warrant that access to the Website and Internet Banking shall be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free nor does it make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the Website or use, accuracy or reliability of Internet Banking. Dhanlaxmi Bank will not be liable for any virus that may enter the user's system as a result of the user using Internet Banking. Dhanlaxmi Bank does not guarantee to the user or any other third party that Internet Banking would be virus free.
- Authority to Dhanlaxmi Bank for Internet Banking
The user irrevocably and unconditionally authorises Dhanlaxmi Bank to access all his Account(s) for effecting banking or other transactions performed by the user through the Internet Banking. The instructions of the user shall be effected only when such instruction is in accordance with the prescribed procedure accepted by the Bank.
Dhanlaxmi Bank shall have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any transaction / instruction received or purported to have been received from the user through Internet Banking or purporting to have been sent by the user other than by means of verification of the Internet Banking user-Id and the password.
The read-out, the faxed /email output or the printed output, if any, that is received by the user at the time of operation of Internet Banking is a record of the operation of the computer by the user and shall be accepted as conclusive and binding for all purpose. All the records of Dhanlaxmi Bank generated by the transactions arising out of the use of the Internet Banking, including the time the transaction recorded shall be conclusive proof of the genuineness and accuracy of the transaction. While Dhanlaxmi Bank and the Affiliates shall endeavour to carry out the instructions promptly, they shall not be responsible for any delay in carrying on the instructions due to any reason whatsoever, including due to failure of operational systems or any requirement of law. All the transactions arising through the use of the Internet Banking to operate a joint account shall be binding on all the joint account holders, jointly and severally.
All instructions for Internet Banking shall be given, through computer or any other medium/channel enabled by Dhanlaxmi Bank for the purpose, by the user in the manner indicated by Dhanlaxmi Bank. The user is also responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the instructions provided to Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or Affiliates and the same shall be considered to be sufficient to operate the Internet Banking. Dhanlaxmi Bank shall not be required to independently verify the instructions, and the instruction shall remain effective till such time the same is countermanded by further instructions by the user. Dhanlaxmi Bank shall have no liability if it does not or is unable to stop or prevent the implementation of an instruction, which is subsequently countermanded. Where Dhanlaxmi Bank considers the instructions to be inconsistent or contradictory, it may at its discretion , seek clarification from the user before acting on any instruction of the user or act upon any such instruction as it deems fit. Dhanlaxmi Bank states that it has no liability or obligation to keep a record of the instructions to provide information to the user or for verifying user's instructions. Dhanlaxmi Bank may refuse to comply with the instructions without assigning any reason and shall not be under any duty to assess the prudence or otherwise of any instruction and have the right to suspend the operations through the Internet Banking if it has reason to believe that the customer/user's instructions will lead or expose to direct or indirect loss or may require an indemnity from the customer/user before continuing to operate the Internet Banking.
Any instruction, order, direction, request entered using the password of the user shall be deemed to be an instruction, order, directive, request received from the user. All instructions, requests, directives, orders, directions, entered by the user, either electronically or otherwise, are based upon the user's decisions and are the sole responsibility of the user. The customer/user understands that entering an instruction, direction, order, request with Dhanlaxmi Bank, either electronically or otherwise, does not guarantee execution of such instruction, direction, order or request. Dhanlaxmi Bank shall not be deemed to have received any instruction, direction, order, request electronically transmitted by the user until it confirms the receipt of such instruction, direction, order, request.
- Accuracy of Information
The customer/user is responsible for the correctness of information supplied to Dhanlaxmi Bank for use of the Internet Banking / while using any facility of Internet Banking or through any other means such as electronic mail or written communication. Dhanlaxmi Bank accepts no liability for the consequences arising out of erroneous information supplied by the user. If the customer/ user notices an error in the information supplied to Dhanlaxmi Bank either in the application form or any other communication, he shall immediately advise Dhanlaxmi Bank which will endeavour to correct the error wherever possible on a 'reasonable efforts' basis.
- Liability of the user and Dhanlaxmi Bank
Neither Dhanlaxmi Bank nor its Affiliates shall be liable for any unauthorised transactions occurring through the Internet Banking and the customer/user hereby fully indemnifies and holds Dhanlaxmi Bank and its Affiliates harmless against any action, suit, proceeding initiated against it or any loss, cost or damage incurred by it as a result thereof. Dhanlaxmi Bank shall under no circumstance be held liable to the customer/user if the Internet Banking is not available in the desired manner for reasons including but not limited to natural calamities, legal restraints, faults in the telecommunication network or network failure, or any other reason beyond the control of Dhanlaxmi Bank. Under no circumstances shall Dhanlaxmi Bank be liable for any damages whatsoever whether such damages are direct, indirect, incidental consequential and irrespective of whether any claim is based on loss of revenue, interruption of business or any loss of any character or nature whatsoever and whether sustained by the user or by any other person. Illegal or improper use of the Internet Banking shall render the customer/ user liable for payment of financial charges as decided by Dhanlaxmi Bank or will result in suspension of the operations through the Internet Banking.
In consideration of Dhanlaxmi Bank providing the user the Internet Banking, the customer/ user shall, at his own expense, indemnify and hold Dhanlaxmi Bank, its directors and employees, representatives, agents and/or the Affiliates, as the case may be, indemnified against all losses and expenses on full indemnity basis which Dhanlaxmi Bank may incur, sustain, suffer or is likely to suffer in connection with Dhanlaxmi Bank or Affiliates' execution of the user's instructions and against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses as a consequence or by reason of providing the service through Internet Banking for any action taken or omitted to be taken by Dhanlaxmi Bank and /or the Affiliates, its officers, employees or agents, on the instructions of the user. The customer/ user will pay Dhanlaxmi Bank and /or its Affiliates such amount as may be determined by Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or the Affiliates to be sufficient to indemnify it against any such, loss or expenses even though they may not have arisen or are contingent in nature.
Further, the customer/ user agrees, at its own expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Dhanlaxmi Bank, its directors and employees, representatives, agents, and its Affiliates against any claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against Dhanlaxmi Bank, its directors and employees, representatives, agents, and Affiliates by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against Dhanlaxmi Bank, its directors and employees, representatives, agents, and Affiliates based on or arises in connection with the customer / user of Internet Banking with reference to:
- a violation of the Terms contained herein by the customer /user;
- any deletions, additions, insertions or alterations to, or any unauthorized use of, Internet Banking by the customer /user;
- any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty made by the customer / user contained herein; or
- any breach of any covenant or obligation to be performed by the customer/ user hereunder. The customer /user agrees to pay any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs awarded against it or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such claim.
The user hereby agrees that under no circumstances, Dhanlaxmi Bank's aggregate liability for claims relating to Internet Banking, whether for breach of in tort (including but not limited to negligence) shall be limited to the transaction charges/fees or consideration paid by the user within the previous twelve (12) months for Internet Banking, excluding any amount paid towards transactions
- Disclosure of Information
The customer/user agrees that Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or Affiliates or their contractors may hold and process his Personal Information and all other information concerning his Account(s) on computer or otherwise in connection with the Internet Banking as well as for analysis, credit scoring and marketing. The customer /user also agrees that Dhanlaxmi Bank may disclose, in strict confidence, to other institutions, such Personal Information as may be reasonably necessary for reasons inclusive of but not limited to participation in any telecommunication or electronic clearing network, in compliance with a legal directive, for credit rating by recognised credit scoring agencies, or for fraud prevention purposes.
*Section 3 of Information Technology Act, 2000 prescribes the procedure for authentication of electronic records, which states that a subscriber may authenticate an electronic record by affixing his digital signature and Section 5 provides legal recognition to digital signature for authentication of electronic records.
However Dhanlaxmi Bank has adopted the mode of authentication of the User by means of verification of the User Id and/or through verification of Password, debit card PIN allotted by Dhanlaxmi Bank to the User or through any other mode of verification as may be stipulated at the discretion of Dhanlaxmi Bank, which are not recognized under Information Technology Act, 2000 for authentication of electronic records. Therefore, the customer /User is solely responsible to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of the PIN without any liability of Dhanlaxmi Bank in this regard.
- Change of Terms
Dhanlaxmi Bank shall have the absolute discretion to amend or supplement any of the Terms and/or terms and conditions stipulated by Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or its Affiliates pertaining to the Accounts and/or to any services/facilities offered by Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or its Affiliates at any time without notice (except for change in interest rates) by hosting the same on the Website or in any other manner as decided by Dhanlaxmi Bank. The Customer shall be responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms /conditions and the terms and conditions stipulated by Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or its Affiliates including amendments thereto as may be posted on the Website. Such amended Terms and terms and conditions stipulated by Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or its Affiliates will thereupon apply to and be binding on the customer/ user at the expiry of one month from the date of notice.
If in the opinion of the user, the changes are to his/her disadvantage, the customer/ user may opt to close the Account and/or discontinue with the Internet Banking, without paying any extra charges or interest, at any time upto two months from the date of the notice by intimating Dhanlaxmi Bank of the same.
By using any new services as may be introduced by Dhanlaxmi Bank, the user shall be deemed to have accepted the changed Terms and terms and conditions stipulated by Dhanlaxmi Bank and/or its Affiliates.
The grant of Internet Banking to a user is not transferable under any circumstance and shall be used only by the user.
- Applicability To Future Accounts
Dhanlaxmi Bank and the customer /user agree that if the user opens further Accounts with/subscribes to any of the products/services of Dhanlaxmi Bank or any of the Affiliates, and Dhanlaxmi Bank extends the Internet Banking to such Accounts or products or services and the user opts for use thereof, then the Terms shall automatically apply to such further use of the Internet Banking by the user /customer.
The clause headings herein are for convenience only and do not affect the meaning of the relative clause. Dhanlaxmi Bank may sub-contract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this contract. Internet Banking service would be available to the customer / users in certain cities only and during timings specified by Dhanlaxmi Bank from time to time and transactions would be carried out on the same day or on the next working day depending upon the time of logging of the transaction. The user would have to ensure that the equipment used for availing of Internet Banking meets the criteria as may be specified by Dhanlaxmi Bank from time to time. All costs incurred by the user including telecommunication costs to use the Internet Banking would be borne by the customer/ user.
As a tool to correct misunderstandings, the customer /user understands, agrees and authorises Dhanlaxmi Bank, at its discretion, and without further prior notice to the customer /user, to monitor and record any or all telephone conversations or electronic communications between the customer /user and Dhanlaxmi Bank and any of its employees or agents.
These Terms contain Dhanlaxmi Bank's entire arrangement (except as otherwise expressly provided herein) and supersede and replace any previously made proposals, representations, understandings and agreements, express or implied, either oral or in writing between the user and Dhanlaxmi Bank for Internet Banking. The customer /user acknowledges that it has not relied on any representation made by Dhanlaxmi Bank or any of its employees or agents and has made its own independent assessment of Internet Banking. No third party will have any rights or claims under these Terms.
Dhanlaxmi Bank shall be entitled to sell, assign, securitise or transfer Dhanlaxmi Bank's right and obligations under the Terms and any security being in favour of Dhanlaxmi Bank (including all guarantee/s) to any person of Dhanlaxmi Bank's choice in whole or in part and in such manner and on such terms and conditions as Dhanlaxmi Bank may decide. Any such sale, assignment, securitisation or transfer shall conclusively bind the customer /user and all other persons. The customer /user, his heirs, legal representatives, executors, administrators and successors are bound by the Terms. Dhanlaxmi Bank may sub-contract and employ agents to carry out any of its obligations under this contract. However, the customer /user shall not be entitled to transfer or assign any of his rights and obligations hereunder.
- Right of set-off and Lien
Dhanlaxmi Bank shall have the right of set-off and lien, irrespective of any other lien or charge, present as well as future, on the deposits/scrips held in the Account(s) or in any other account, whether in single name or joint name(s), to the extent of all outstanding dues, whatsoever, arising as a result of the Internet Banking extended to and/ or used by the customer/ user.
- Proprietary Rights
Dhanlaxmi Bank shall make reasonable efforts to advise from time to time the Internet software such as browsers, which are required for availing of Internet Banking. There will be no obligation on Dhanlaxmi Bank to support all or any versions of the Internet software as may be required for offering Internet Banking. The user acknowledges that the software underlying the Internet Banking as well as other Internet related software which are required for accessing Internet Banking is the legal property of the respective vendors. The permission given by Dhanlaxmi Bank to access Internet Banking will not convey any proprietary or ownership rights in such software. The customer / user shall not attempt to modify, translate, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the software underlying Internet Banking or create any derivative product based on the software.
- Communications through Electronic means
Documents sent by electronic delivery will contain all the information as it appears in the printed hard copy version as prepared and distributed by the originator, with the possible exception of graphic insertions such as photographs or logotypes. Electronic delivery may be in the form of an electronic mail, an attachment to the electronic mail, or in the form of an available download from the Website. Dhanlaxmi Bank would be deemed to have fulfilled its legal obligation to deliver to the user any document if such document is sent via electronic means. Failure to advise Dhanlaxmi Bank of any difficulty in opening a document so delivered within twenty-four (24) hours after delivery shall serve as an affirmation regarding the acceptance of the document.
'Dhanlaxmi Bank may, at its sole discretion, utilize the services of external service provider/s or agent/s and on such terms as required or necessary, in relation to its products/services.'